On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:43:34AM -0800, Jack Vogel wrote:
> Yes, I know this is still happening. I also have pretty good data now
> that its a bogus problem, meaning due to scheduling issues the
> watchdog does not get reset even though the system is just fine
> as far as transmit descriptors is concerned. I have a patch that
> detects this and keeps the watchdog from erroneously resetting
> you, it has been running on my test system for days now without
> problems.

I don't understand this explanation of the problem.  Here's how I
read this paragraph:

* It's a "bogus problem" (which means there's not a problem)
* ...due to "scheduling issues" (which means there IS a problem)
* The watchdog does NOT get reset
* ...but there's a patch (to fix the "bogus problem"? or what?)
* ...which keeps the watchdog from resetting (but you just said...)

Maybe you were in a hurry, I don't know.  Either way, the paragraph
doesn't make sense.  I call for clarification!  ;-)

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |