On Wednesday 06 December 2006 15:20, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 03:43:32PM -0200, JoaoBR wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 December 2006 15:07, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > >  /usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses/ti
> > >nfo/make_keys.c

> > > I bet the date/time on your computer is set incorrectly.
> >
> > firstable thanks and also the bet was good
>
> Good to hear.
>
> > could you be so kind and tell me where you saw it or was it
> > kind of feeling?
>
> I have magic glasses ;-) and some experience with the FreeBSD
> build system.  If you search the mailing list archives, you'll
> see that your case is not new.  The really short version of
> what happens here is that by NOT having the system's date/time
> set correctly, you fool make(1) into thinking it should rebuild
> something when it's not supposed to do it.

mhhhh ... then you have that thing everybody really wants :) but I guess your
experience is overwriting the glasses ;)

I found lots of threads not exactly to my error but related to system builds
and system time and I haven't read them all, especial since you resumed it
already. Has it to do with the make delimiters ":" and ";" ?

anyway, the error msg I got is kind of weak here, right?

anyway again, if the date is so important, understandable BTW, why then
buildworld does not compare system time and realtime by a simple ntpdate
lookup and give out an advice about the risk?

In my case we have people doing the standard CD install and then we do cvsup
and build the system. Sure was my fault not checking the date but a simple
thing to check the time and say "hey, your time/date might be wrong, please
check." don't you agree?

funny then or related, look I did a binary upgrade using sysinstall to
6.2-RC1, but by mistake I set RC2, then sysinstall obviously didn't found it
and I corrected to RC1. The upgrade run fine and rebooting still appeared
6.1-RELEASE

then I did it again setting correctly to RC1 and sysinstall warned about the
old kernel .prev and completed well but after reboot there was
no /boot/kernel and bootloader failed

both binary upgrades I must have done with bad date. Are this problems also
related to the date or are they sysinstall bugs, what do you think?

--

João