On Dec 27, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Andrew N. Below wrote:

Latest Adaptec drivers released at 25 Oct 2006, aaccli says "Copyright
1998-2002"...

Maybe someone already tried to contact Adaptec?

I did a diff of the adaptec sources and the ones in freebsd 6.2- PRERELEASE and there are mostly minor differences (the device name changes, for example.)

I'm in touch with Scott Long regarding sponsoring some work in this area to create a command line utility for monitoring the status on these new controllers. He's waiting for some libraries from Adaptec at this point.

If you're interested in sharing the cost of this work please let me know. So far everyone else who's contacted me regarding this issue has not committed any money, which is fine. If I have to pay for the whole thing I will, because I believe in giving back to the community.