On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Robert Watson wrote:

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:

It looks like the attached patch was missed in the MFC I just pointed at. Could you try applying it?

You can also fetch it from:

http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/20061230-20061230-tcp_pcb_fix.diff

Normally, I'd be more than happy to, but, given: 1) the box is 300+ miles away 2) I do NOT have access to remote hands again till Tuesday (Holiday) 3) this is my firewall between all my services and the rest of the world
  and if down, I'm off the air :(

I wish I could, but can't afford to be down for the 5 days :(

Thanks for the diagnosis, however, as I was going nuts.

I've gone ahead and MFC'd the missing tcp_subr.c patch and the change now appears stable on by 6-STABLE test box. I'd appreciate it if other people experiencing the panic could slide forward to confirm (or perhaps less ideally, not confirm) that this fixes the problem for them also.
[snip]

I can confirm (now that I saw other confirmations), that the fix is the correct one (I'm up on:

FreeBSD fw.lerctr.org 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #1: Sat Dec 30
17:14:04 CST 2006     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Thanks Robert and all for the very quick work with a really sparse bug report.

LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893