Erik Trulsson wrote:
On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 04:56:26PM +0100, O. Hartmann wrote:
Hello,
the company I'm working is about to purchae some additional NICs for some replacement built-in NICs of nForce 405-based desktop PCs. I would like to purchase the above mentioned NICs from Intel, hoping the em() driver is capable of handling the NICs.

I have one of those cards (Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop NIC) myself, and it
works just fine under 6-STABLE.  So far I have not had any problems at all
with it.

I found in the list of supported hardware that Intels PRO/1000 series is supported by the em() driver, but it is said that the nVidia 4XX chipset is also supported, but not the specific Realtek PHYS/chip used on some ASROCK boards (AM2NF6G-VSTA). So I would like to ask here first.

Othr suggestions for good stable and fast NICs are welcome. Thanks.

Regards,
Oliver

P.S. I do not have problems coming along with 6-STABLE after 6.2 gets released, so if you plan integrating support for the nVidia nForce 405 and/or this mentioned specific Intel PRO/1000 NIC shortly after the launch of 6.2-RELEASE I will also welcome positive answeres about this.

Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop Adapter, 1x 1000Base-T, PCIe x1, low profile (EXPI9300PTL)

Thank you,
that helps a lot :-)

Regards,
Oliver