If memory serves me right, Angelo Turetta wrote:
> Am I dreaming, or hasn't the practice always been to rename the RELENG_6
> kernel back to 6-STABLE (or whatever) just after the RELENG_6_x branch?
>
> Right now it's still labelled 6.2-PRERELEASE.

I think we've typically done this in the past but it's not something I
see written down anywhere.  Frequently we updated release notes and
things like that as well, although for 6.2, I'm glad we didn't since the
6.2 release cycle was (is) kind of longish.

At this point, I'd just as soon leave it until after 6.2 is released.

Bruce.