Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 02:48:18PM +0100, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
Kris Kennaway wrote:
Or waiting until the snapshot operation finishes.  You (still) haven't
determined that it's actually hanging as opposed to just waiting for
the snapshot operation to finish.
Just upgraded to 6.2-STABLE, and I must say that things are a LOT better:

 - It did return a prompt
 - and ran for about 30 minutes on 1,5T
 - Performance gets a little slugish.
 - Playing MP3 of a samba share missed only one beat.

In all it is usable to take snapshots over night.

So that makes me a happy camper...

That's good - although I don't remember you mentioning you weren't
running 6.2, or I would have told you to do this immediately to pick
up the various fixes made over the past N months.

Actually I was running 6.2-something, where something was probably from around mid September. So I've now caught up with that. Something I did indicate when the discussion started, but then that is already a "long" time ago.

--WjW