On 3/6/07, Vivek Khera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mar 6, 2007, at 1:04 PM, Jack Vogel wrote:

> Yes, my bad, I spoke too quickly, it does use IP, sorry,
> I still find SOL much more descriptive of what I think about
> the whole apparatus however :)

:-)

Personally, I really like the Sun ILOM processors, even though they
do boot an embedded linux, and the command set is, shall we say,
confusing...

It scares me to have something like SOL on an ethernet that's
connected to the public wires.

Yes, this was a concern while i was at IBM as well, they were
talking about configurations that would have the 'management'
net seperated out from the public. That seems very expensive
on infrastructure to me. Course when you have server farms
with thousands of systems I suppose its complicated anyway.

Jack