On 03/09/07 12:55, Chuck Swiger wrote:
On Mar 8, 2007, at 9:24 PM, Eric Anderson wrote:
[ ... ]
Dunno. I was merely trying to keep things honest, since what was communicated (whether intended or not) was that a C3 isn't modern, and is akin to a Pentium, which it isn't.

I've got a VIA C3 Samuel myself, and it is fine for what it is, which is a low-power clone of the Pentium-MMX in terms of capabilities; the newer C3 Nehemiah is roughly comparable to a P2, plus SSE and the extra AES/RNG crypto stuff. Look at dmesg or cpuid and compare CPU features.

I'm pretty familiar with C3 and C7 chips.

I wouldn't compare performance of a CPU based on CPU features.

Eric