On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:57:09 +0200
Danny Braniss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Yoshihiro Ota wrote:
> > > About one year ago, I was able to do the regular procedure after enabling
> > > i386 compat.
> > > It was just another make world for me.
> > >
> > > options         COMPAT_IA32
> > >
> > > What I mean is:
> > >
> > > #  1.  `cd /usr/src'       (or to the directory containing your source
> > > tree).
> > > #  2.  `make buildworld'
> > > #  3.  `make buildkernel KERNCONF=3DYOUR_KERNEL_HERE'     (default is
> > > GENERIC).
> >
> > But if you already have an i386 kernel running, wouldn't running "make
> > buildkernel" just make another i386 kernel?
>
> try
>       make buildkernel TARGET_ARCH=amd64 KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE
>
> works for me,
>       danny

I believe I have done with TARGET_ARCH=amd64 or something on the line.  As I've
done it about a year ago, I don't recall some of these details.

After a couple of months, I decided to switch back to i386.  It was just to
experiment amd64.  I share the same executables among multiple systems
(although there are only 2 or 3) to sync software versions. (It is not often
but having diffrent versions of the same software causes some problems.)  Since
I have i386 machines, I cannot share amd64 binraries.