http://people.freebsd.org/~rafan/ncurses/ncursesw-5.6-all-fbsd6-20070310.diff.gz

> gives you ncurses 5.6 and wide character support in 6.x. Please
> apply with 'patch -p0' under /usr/src.
>
> For more information, please visit
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rafan/ncurses/
>
> You can also find individual patches, say ncurses update and wide
> character support, there.
>
> Feedbacks and suggestions are welcome.
>
> P.S. Due to some lib32 issues, the patch above contains changes
> made by ru@ recently for src/Makefile.inc1.
make installworld failed:

cd /usr/src; /usr/obj/usr/src/make.amd64/make -f Makefile.inc1 install32
mkdir -p /usr/lib32                     # XXX add to mtree
[...]

Sorry about this. I messed up the lib32 changes in the all-in-one patch.
Could you please use this one instead?

http://people.freebsd.org/~rafan/ncurses/ncursesw-5.6-all-fbsd6-20070312.diff.gz

It should solve lib32 problem. Note that individual patches work well.

Regards,
Rong-En Fan