Hi, Oleg,

Oleg Derevenetz wrote:
> Цитирую LI Xin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
[...]
>> I'm not very sure if this is specific to one disk controller.  Actually
>> I got some occasional reports about similar hangs on amd64 6.2-RELEASE
>> (slightly patched version) that most of processes stuck in the 'ufs'
>> state, under very light load, the box was equipped with amr(4) RAID.
>>
>> I was not able to reproduce the problem at my lab, though, it's still
>> unknown that how to trigger the livelock :-(  Still need some
>> investigate on their production system.
>
> I reported simular issue for FreeBSD 6.2 in audit-trail for kern/104406:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=104406&cat=
>
> and there should be a thread related to this. Briefly, I suspects that this
> is
> related to nullfs filesystems on my server and when I cvsuped to FreeBSD 6.2-
> STABLE with Daichi's unionfs-related patches and replaced nullfs-mounted fs
> with unionfs-mounted (that was done 10.03.07) problem is gone (seems to be
> so,
> at least).

Hmm...  Seems to be different issues.  The problem I have received was a
pgsql server (no nullfs/unionfs involved), and the hang always happen
when it is not being heavily loaded (usually in the morning, for
instance, and there is no special configuration, like scheduled tasks
which can generate disk load, etc., only the entropy harvesting), so
this is quite confusing.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      http://www.delphij.net/