On 5/29/07, steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Howdy!

        I had this issue on 4.x, which is basically, I have
machines that do cgi stuff for customers, and there is a local
md device that is used as a tmp. When it fills the machine
logs errors

vnode_pager_putpages I/O error 28..

        and the machine is unresponsive and needs to be
power cycled.

        There is a previous thread on this issue

http://atm.tut.fi/list-archive/freebsd-stable/msg19031.html

        and a subsequent patch for 4.x

http://atm.tut.fi/list-archive/freebsd-stable/msg19288.html

        that I appled to 4.x and it solved the problem.

        Now that I have upgraded to 6.2, the problem has
recurred, but the previous patch is no longer valid. Is
there something wrong with the patch/solution given, and
is there a solution for 6.2?

        thanx - steve

All the patch does is rate limit error messages to once per second and
return VM_PAGER_BAD when there is an error. Constructing a similar
patch for 6.2 should be trivial.

-Kip