Doug Barton wrote:

Steven Hartland wrote:
I assume the security team are already working on this but
cant hurt to ask:

Before you ask questions on a public list it's generally considered
polite to do a little checking yourself, especially in an open source
project. As Mike pointed out, the secteam had already addressed this
issue on -security, and I had already followed up in detail regarding
the upgrade plans.

In addition, at the time you posted the updates had all been done in
the ports, HEAD (-current), and RELENG_[56] (5 and 6-stable).

In any case, it's good that you're on top of your security
announcements, and I'm glad to say that this time anyway we're one
step ahead. :)

Doug

Interesting - I just checked the FreeBSD.org security page and don't see any indication of
a patch to fix the vulnerability for 6.1.

Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)