On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Jo Rhett wrote:

On Aug 2, 2007, at 3:05 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
I hope that we can now dial down the volume on the meta-issue of how
the change was done, and focus on the operational issues of whether
it's a good idea or not.

Which has been answered to you, repeatedly, by the very people who know this best.

Jo,

I'm getting tired of repeating this. A lot of really smart people are lined up on BOTH sides of this issue. You might want to take another look at the threads about this on the OARC list (or even this list for that matter) and try to have an open mind. Repeating "this is a bad idea" over and over again doesn't make it more true.

Doug

--

        If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough