On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Christian Brueffer wrote:

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:03:33AM -0400, Andrew Lankford wrote:
  I just noticed that /usr/share/man/man8/MAKEDEV.8 is still in the
FreeBSD-7 tree.  Is this intentional?  It still says that MAKEDEV is
located in /dev and mentions MAKEDEV.local as well.

Could it be that you have updated this machine from RELENG_4?  The fact
that the file you're referring to has no .gz extention show that it's
stale, manpages have been compressed for some time now.

A simple way to make sure you don't get bitten by this is to 'rm -r /usr/share/man' right before you do 'make installworld'. (Or you can mv it if you're paranoid, I've been deleting it for a long time now and it's never bitten me.)

hth,

Doug