On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:48:35 +1100
Norberto Meijome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But i still get the occasional lockup. I have a feeling it is related to
> using the sound card :
>
> $ cat /dev/sndstat
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 32bit 2007061600/i386)
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <Intel 82801F High Definition Audio Controller> at memory 0xb0000000
> irq 11 kld snd_hda [20071020_0048] [MPSAFE] (1p:10v/1r:6v channels duplex
> default)
>
> Pretty much everytime I'm getting a lockup, i'm either streaming music from
> my music box or on a skype call. Not much to go by, but there isn't any logs
> left at all of the crash. It is not a panic (no writing dump to disk when I
> press enter, Caps-lock is dead, even the Fn key which is bound to the bios is
> dead). What I have noticed in these cases is that there seems to be a lock
> up....then, about a minute or so after it, the mouse seems to come back to
> life...but then there's nothing more I can do - i've waited for over 5
> minutes after this with no more results....

btw, I've resorted to NOT using XMMS - the issues were happening a LOT more
often when i use it instead of, say, vlc or beep.
I remember having this same issue on 6.2 with the drivers in the kernel. The
latest binary drivers from Ariff would work fine, though i had given up on xmms
by then and using vlc for a while.

cheers,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

If you find a solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your
next problem.

Warned.