To: "Balgansuren Batsukh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: FreeBSD based bandwidth manager, traffic shaper

Hi Balgansuren,

Balgansuren Batsukh wrote:
Hello All,

I am looking high performance bandwidth manager, traffic shaper for IP core network to configure leased line, xDSL, Ethernet, GPON/EPON, wireless subscribers.

Is there any FreeBSD based solution?

You can try using IPFW + Dummynet to achieve this. But this is a very complicated solution.

I think that pfSense will be more easier to manage the bandwidth shaping rules.

http://www.pfsense.com/

Another free solution based on a Linux kernel is HTB.

http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/

Of course, there are many hardware based products too.

Regards,
Balgaa

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,