Henri Hennebert wrote:
Hello,

As seen in another thread, I was curious about a zpool created under FreeBSD being available under opensolaris.

So I boot indiana and do:

zpool import -f -o ro pool2

zpool scrub pool2

all ended properly...

shutdown.

When I reboot with FreeBSD (7.0-BETA2) I get:

zpool status pool2
  pool: pool2
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
        replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-D3
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME             STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        pool2            UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
          raidz1         UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
            dsk/c10d0p3  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
            dsk/c11d0p3  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open

Is it possible to replace dsk/c10d0p3 by ad4s3 and dsk/c11d0p3 by ad6s3 as it must be under FreeBSD or does I need to make some entry in /etc/devfs.rules to create dsk/c10d0p3 and dsk/c11d0p3 (if at all possible?)

Isn't it a interesting challenge ?
I got it:

zpool export pool2 && zpool import -f pool2

do the trick

sorry for the noise :-|

Henri

Henri