On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:47:24 +0100
Dominic Fandrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ufs:
> $ time -h tar -xf php_manual_en.tar.gz
>       3.31s real              0.43s user              0.51s sys

I've seem something similar , in the past, on 6.2, when writing to my mobile
phone's mini-SD card.

what does gstat show? (in particular, is any device being used 100% ?, can u
relate the slowness when it hits 100% ? do other disks other than your FAT disk
become saturated too? )

cheers,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

I sense much NT in you.