Hi Steve,

Stephen Clark wrote:
Uwe Doering wrote:
[...]
But you can put that option into the kernel config file:

  options PMAP_SHPGPERPROC=...

and build a new kernel with it.

You are correct. My question is more how much should I increase it. The current default in the 4.x LINT file is "options PMAP_SHPGPERPROC=201" should I double it? Increase it by 50 to 251? Should it be a prime number?
I am just asking for information.

The settings in the LINT file are not necessarily the defaults, rather mere examples. The default value for PMAP_SHPGPERPROC is 200 (defined in the source file /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/pmap.c). I would recommend to increase it by 100 until the messages stop. We use 300 on our servers, for instance.

Regards,

   Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.escapebox.net