On Dec 22, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Michael Proto wrote:

I purchased a Jetway J7F4K1G2E w/VIA Eden 1.2GHz cpu/motherboard combo
(http://e-itx.com/jetway-j7f4k1g2e-mini-itx-motherboard.html) that I'm
trying to get working with the FreeBSD padlock driver. Based on what I
see from the manufacturer's CPU support list ,
http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/VIA3.html, I have a C7 Esther processer.

It looks like the CPUID for this processor isn't recognized by FreeBSD
6.3-RC1 or 7.0-BETA3. GENERIC on 7.0-BETA3 detects the CPU as follows:

FWIW, I have the exact same motherboard from E-ITX as well. I run FreeNAS on mine. FreeNAS is running the FreeBSD 6.2-REL-p8 kernel and detects the CPU just fine:

CPU: VIA C7 Esther+RNG+AES+AES-CTR+SHA1+SHA256+RSA (1200.01-MHz 686- class CPU)
  Origin = "CentaurHauls"  Id = 0x6a9  Stepping = 9
Features = 0xa7c9baff < FPU ,VME ,DE ,PSE ,TSC ,MSR ,PAE ,MCE,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,CMOV,PAT,CLFLUSH,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x181<SSE3,EST,TM2>
 [[ snip ]]
PadLock: HW support loaded for AES-CBC,SHA1,SHA256.

It seems you have a newer ID and different Stepping than mine. I have no way to boot 6.3 on this box until FreeNAS is using 6.3.