Steven Hartland wrote:
With the announcement of 6.3 and with 7.0 looking like it wont be far behind I'd interested to hear what people thought of the relative
benefits of each where?

I know 7 has had a lot of work done on locking and ULE but are there
any other reasons to go for that instead of 6.3? Conversely are there
any reason which would point away from 7 such as stability issues?

   Regards
   Steve

I really like FreeBSD 7.x, except for one issue. On my Dell Lattitude D800 laptop, xorg freezes the computer solid on starting or stopping. (But I guess I like the advantages of 7.x to the extent that I haven't gone back to 6.x).

Stephen