On 6 Apr 2008, at 09:58, Tz-Huan Huang wrote:

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Doug Rabson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It would be useful to get a packet trace from tcpdump (e.g. tcpdump -w <file>) that shows what happens on the wire when the linux client fails to
lock a file on the freebsd server.

Since the nfs server is in production now, I have setup another machine to
get the packet trace.

Here is the output of tcpdump (I use tcpdump -w host cml8):

  http://w.csie.org/~tzhuan/tmp/tcpdump.raw

Could you possibly try again with 'tcpdump -w <file> -s 1500' - the packets were truncated which made it difficult to analyse.