Bruce M. Simpson wrote:

I started to play with RAT application (ports: mbone/rat + an SVN version)
and
it seems to crash my 6.3-RELEASE-p1 box in rather deterministic way. Crash
details are shown below. Has anyone seen a problem like this?

Yes, there's an off-by-one reference count bug in the multicast stuff.

I concur, this fix should really be MFCed. The problem went away in 7.x due to a total rewrite. I am distracted by other stuff at the moment, so, starter's orders...

This just bit me. The fix is in RELENG_6, but it is not present after the -p1 tag. So updating to STABLE should fix the problem for Petr.

Whilst 6 is no longer the STABLE branch, I think this really should go onto 6 in case any other releases happen from that branch.

cheers
BMS