Adam McDougall wrote:
Dominic Fandrey wrote:
When I download a single file it seems that the download speed is limited to 32k (raw data as shown by netstat). Under Windows I can reach values around 60k. I can achieve more throughput (though not as much as under Windows), when downloading several files at once.

Try this hack, its using concepts I gathered from people patching the Linux driver, basically increasing the block size of transfers.

Edit ubsa.c and recompile/reload the ubsa driver. Its located around line 362. Basically replace UGETW(ed->wMaxPacketSize); or UGETW(ed->wMaxPacketSize); with 2048. I think the default is 512 and you can play with different values to evaluate its effect on speed. I realized a large performance boost from 2048, I think at least 80k/sec transfer rate.

               } else if (UE_GET_DIR(ed->bEndpointAddress) == UE_DIR_IN &&
                   UE_GET_XFERTYPE(ed->bmAttributes) == UE_BULK) {
                       ucom->sc_bulkin_no = ed->bEndpointAddress;
-                       ucom->sc_ibufsize = UGETW(ed->wMaxPacketSize);
+                       ucom->sc_ibufsize = 2048;
+                       // ucom->sc_ibufsize = UGETW(ed->wMaxPacketSize);
               } else if (UE_GET_DIR(ed->bEndpointAddress) == UE_DIR_OUT &&
                   UE_GET_XFERTYPE(ed->bmAttributes) == UE_BULK) {
                       ucom->sc_bulkout_no = ed->bEndpointAddress;
-                       ucom->sc_obufsize = UGETW(ed->wMaxPacketSize);
+                       ucom->sc_obufsize = 2048;
+                       // ucom->sc_obufsize = UGETW(ed->wMaxPacketSize);
               }
       }

Thanks a lot. This improves the situation a lot. However I found the improvement somewhat unsteady. I think that a 2k or 4k buffer is still not sufficient if the answering time is high. A 16k buffer leads to a much more steady data stream for me.

I think the best solution would be dynamic buffer allocation similar to what is done on layer 4.