man gmultipath is your friend ;)

MULTIPATH ARCHITECTURE
    This is an active/passive multiple path architecture with no device
    knowledge or presumptions other than size matching built in.  Therefore
    the user must exercise some care in selecting providers that do indeed
represent multiple paths to the same underlying disk device. The reason
    for this is that there are several criteria across multiple underlying
    transport types that can indicate identity, but in all respects such
    identity can rarely be considered definitive.

Regards,

Daniel

Stefan Lambrev ha scritto:

Daniel Ponticello wrote:
On FreeBSD7, i'm succesfully using Qlogic 4gb fibre channel HBAs (ISP driver) attached to Fibre Brocade Switch and IBM DS4700 (14 disks array) using 4 way multipath
with gmultipath.
So far the support in gmultipath is active/passive only? I think in RH5 you can have active/active.
Am I right?

Regards,

Daniel

Andy Kosela ha scritto:
Hi all,
What is the current status of support for high end SAN hardware in FreeBSD?
I'm especially interested in support for HP EVA/XP disk arrays, Qlogic
HBAs, multipathing.
How FreeBSD compares in this environment to RHEL 5?

--

WBR,
Cordiali Saluti,

Daniel Ponticello, VP of Engineering