On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 07:38:09PM +0400, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
> Hi, All.
>
> I prepared patch to make MFC of ata(4) driver into RELENG_7
> before 7.1-RELEASE. Depending on results of the testing patch
> will be commited or not (if some regressions will be detected).
> So if you want or just can test it, please try and report here.

One regression of the post-PM code is that support for some
Promise controllers is broken in that probing drives causes
a hang. In my case it's a FasTrak S150 TX4 with a PDC20319
but there are also other variants affected, see f.e.:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-May/085923.html

Marius