On 2 Jan 2014, at 20:22, Pedro Giffuni <p...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> The behaviour is consistent with llvm-gcc though, as explained here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/llvm-gcc-4.2/+bug/483679
>
> " looking at the LLVM/Clang documentation
> (http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/InitPreprocessor_8cpp-source.html) shows that
> __block is not actually a keyword, but a macro that is defined to be
> __attribute__((__blocks__(byref)))."
>
> Not sure what to do about it, I had added a #define for it in Block.h since
> you have to link with -lBlocksRuntime anyways, but not everything includes
> Block.h (surely not the libdispatch tests).

Probably the best solution is to put this in cdefs.h:

#if defined(__BLOCKS__) && !defined(__block)
#       define __block __attribute__((__blocks__(byref)))
#endif

(With the indentation changed to make it harder to read, as per style(9)).  I
believe __BLOCKS__ is supported by clang, although testing for it is
discouraged in favour of the __has_{feature,extension} mechanism.

David