On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 05:18:42PM -0400, Ed Maste wrote:
> On 17 October 2016 at 17:11, Shawn Webb <shawn.w...@hardenedbsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > When the kernel is compiled with clang 3.9.0, it seems to freeze after
> > being loaded by the clang 3.8 boot1.efi/loader.efi. I'm unsure if it's
> > actually frozen or if simply nothing is being outputted to the console.
> > Either way, I don't see console messages and the RPI3 _appears_ frozen.
> This will probably be a bit tricky to track down. Have you tried
> booting a Clang 3.8-compiled kernel with a Clang 3.9 boot1.efi and
> loader.efi? Do you get any kernel output, or nothing after the last
> lines of loader output?

I haven't. clang 3.9 boot1.efi won't run in the slightest. It crashes
prior to me being able to even use printf.

I could try a 3.9 loader.efi with some extra printf debugging, though.

A clang 3.8 kernel works perfectly when matched with a clang 3.8
boot1.efi and loader.efi. The clang 3.9 kernel doesn't output a single
thing. I could probably try some printf based debugging early in the
process. But it's clear that loader.efi loads the kernel and tries to
execute it.

Shawn Webb
Cofounder and Security Engineer

GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE