On Saturday 09 September 2006 19:50, Jan-Espen Pettersen wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR usb/103046; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Jan-Espen Pettersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: usb/103046: [patch] ulpt event driven I/O with select(2) and
>  nonblock
> Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 19:42:11 +0200
>
>  I've updated the patch as I spotted errors in the original patch.
>  The url will still be http://www.radiotube.org/ulpt_poll.diff
>
>  Fixes were:
>  * Forgot to start transfer (in other words forgot to call usbd_transfer)
>  for the background read.
>  * Panic in read callback at pipe abort.
>
>  What I am interested to know about is how this works with printers that
>  actually do return any backchannel data, since my dumb laser printer does=
>
>  not return data at all.

Hi,

My new "ulpt.c" already supports ULPT polling. Maybe you want to try that, and
give me some feedback.

#
# How to install the new USB driver:
#

#
# First get all the sources
# (you need /usr/ports/devel/subversion installed):
#

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
      checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b

#
# The following commands will
# install the driver on FreeBSD 6.x/7.x:
#

cd i4b/trunk/i4b/FreeBSD.usb
make S=../src package
make install

#
# Then build a new kernel (with modules)
#

--HPS