Hi - quick correction - I had it working under 7.0, not 6.2, but I think I
had a beta version of HPS' updated USB stack in there.

Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-...@freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-...@freebsd.org]
On Behalf Of Engineering
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 11:54 AM
To: freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject: uhid write EIO

Hello all

I am having trouble communicating with a custom HID device using FreeBSD
7.2.

Open and read work fine, but write() errors with EIO

My code works well with another HID that uses read and feature reports.

Oddly enough, my Windows version using ReadFile and WriteFile works
perfectly.

The device is a simple PIC based IO board. Windows WriteFile uses the
interrupt OUT endpoint - does uhid not do the same?

I have also tried changing the descriptor so the device shows up as a ugen.
In previous (6.2 and 7.0) versions of BSD, I was able to open, read, and
write to communicate with the device, but write is failing as a ugen too.

I can provide more information, but I thought I'd check if this is
appropriate for this list, and if anyone has an idea before I post.

Thanks
Sam