Quoting Xiaofan Chen <xiaof...@gmail.com> (from Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:22:56 +0800):

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Mikhail T. <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com> wrote:

I have linuxulator in the kernel (option COMPAT_LINUX), however, so, I
thought, it is supposed to just work... But it does not. Is anyone
successful getting skype with video on FreeBSD?

If that would work, it will be a perfect world. ;-)

I would not think that the Linux emulation is good for USB hardware.

The corresponding linuc v4l to FreeBSD v4l translation layer is not in 8.x. You have to run 9-current if you want to use it (or wait until 8.1 is released and 8-stable open for new features, merging the code in 8-stable is on my TODO list).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
But don't you worry, its for a cause -- feeding global corporations
paws.