Hi people.

Our technical staff are working with some device that can do serial over USB but they have no controller. This devices implements USB in software (at least they told me so) at atmel arm.

usbconfig -d x.x dump_device_desc gives me:

ugen4.2: <PILOT-3 Gate2 (SN:0000023) Tandem LTD> at usbus4, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON

  bLength = 0x0012
  bDescriptorType = 0x0001
  bcdUSB = 0x0110
  bDeviceClass = 0x00ef
  bDeviceSubClass = 0x0002
  bDeviceProtocol = 0x0001
  bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0040
  idVendor = 0xffff
  idProduct = 0x0017
  bcdDevice = 0x0000
  iManufacturer = 0x0001  <Tandem LTD>
  iProduct = 0x0002  <PILOT-3 Gate2 (SN:0000023)>
  iSerialNumber = 0x0003  <0000023>
  bNumConfigurations = 0x0001

I have pointed them on idVendor field but they think this value is ok for custom devices.

In windows they are using usbser.sys to get access to the device. What can be done one FreeBSD? Can I specify which device driver should be used with this physical device?

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.