>Number:         150189
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       if_run appears to corrupt IP traffic
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD rtr.sside.dementia.org 8.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #1: Mon Aug 30
14:50:15 EDT 2010
sullr...@freebsd_8.0_pfsense_2.0-snaps.pfsense.org:/usr/obj.pfSense/usr/pfSensesrc/src/sys/pfSense.8
  i386

Adding a run interface to the machine in hostap mode. In all of WEP, WPA and no
crypt, clients can associate. In WEP or WPA mode, a circumstance like
usb/132722 arises: no lease can be had, and traffic on the run looks the same
in tcpdump, unknown SSAP, unknown DSAP...

In no crypt mode, a lease can be obtained, but performance is poor; it appears
some frames are being transmitted back to the client corrupted.

I can provide IEEE802_11_RADIO or regular tcpdumps, if that would help, but
they're pretty mundane, so before I did I figured I'd ask what you actually
want to see rather than just dropping a large blob at you.