Hello,

I'm considering to move one of my projects from Linux to FreeBSD. The
project uses lots of USB modems. To test if my hardware is supported
by FreeBSD I installed 8.1-STABLE. During first test I noticed that no
modems are detected by OS during startup (i.e. "usbconfig list"
doesn't show any of those devices). However if I remove a modem from
USB port once the system is running and then plug it in again, it's
properly detected and works without problems.

The only dmesg lines that looks suspicious to me are:

usb_alloc_device: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed, USB_ERR_STALLED
usbd_req_re_enumerate: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED

I'll apreciate any help on solving this problem.

Kind regards,

Piotr