On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hsela...@c2i.net>wrote:

> On Monday 04 October 2010 10:52:06 Mike Barnard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have myself an Alcatel X220L HSPA modem that is not detected under
> > FreeBSD 8.1-RC1. When plugged in, get this:
>
> Look at the u3g driver. Maybe you need to add the idVendor and idProduct
> there, and an autoinstall quirk.

hmmm.. I seem to already have ALCATEL entered in usbdevs:

 vendor ALCATEL          0x11f7  Alcatel

But the Vendor ID that shows up when I plug in the device is different.

Oct  4 11:47:19 trinity root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x1bbb product
0xf000 bus uhub7

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
usbconfig gives this for Vendor ID

usbconfig -d ugen7.3 dump_device_desc
ugen7.3: <HSPA Data Card USBModem> at usbus7, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON
  idVendor = 0x1bbb
  idProduct = 0xf000

usbdevs however, does not have a product ID for ALCALTEL. I'm puzzled on how
to proceed from here.

any pointers :-/

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.