Quoting Paul B Mahol <one...@gmail.com> (from Mon, 4 Oct 2010 19:36:29 +0000):

On 9/29/10, Alexander Leidinger <alexan...@leidinger.net> wrote:
Hi,

every half an hour I get two log entries in /var/log/messages. They
look like this:
---snip---
Sep 28 23:30:00 M87 root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x1941 product
0x8021 bus uhub1
Sep 28 23:30:00 M87 root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x1941 product
0x8021 bus uhub1
---snip---

What is causing this and how to disable it?

devd(8) ?

Yes and no... Now that I investigated it a little bit: every half an hour an application is polling some data from this device. The software (ports/net/fowsr) is disconnecting this device from it's driver, does it's job, and then exits. Problably the USB stack is reprobing the device afterwards?

Thanks for pointing out devd, I have a look at a rule to match this device, so that I do not get spammed by the message anymore.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
"Her rent will remain what it was."
                -- Signor Roberto, "Chapter 14", page 209