On 03/06/2011, at 11:46, Thomas wrote:
> Has someone ever tried to run LabJack U3 with FreeBSD?
>
> http://labjack.com/u3
>
> Labjack offers a combined OSX and Linux driver. It supports libusb.
> Maybe it could work with freebsd too.

Have you tried building it on FreeBSD?

I would expect it to compile with minimal changes, although it may complain you
don't have libusb installed depending on how it detects it.

If it uses pkg-config you can put the following in
/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/libusb.pc
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: libusb
Version: 0.1
Libs: -L${libdir} -lusb
Cflags: -I${includedir}

and this in /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/libusb-1.0.pc
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: libusb
Version: 1.0.1
Libs: -L${libdir} -lusb
Cflags: -I${includedir}

(I am assuming you're running 8.x or higher).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum