Hello!

I have a Logitech's webcam with built-in microphone. The audio device is
recognized by FreeBSD-8-stable as:

        uaudio0: <vendor 0x046d product 0x081b, class 239/2, rev 2.00/0.10,
addr 2> on usbus2
        uaudio0: No playback!
        uaudio0: Record: 48000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format
        uaudio0: No midi sequencer
        pcm1: <USB audio> on uaudio0

mixer(8) reports it a little strangely, depending on which /dev-entry I
use:

        % mixer -f /dev/mixer1
        Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
        Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75

        % mixer -f /dev/dsp1
        Mixer rec      is currently set to  45:45

But recording works. For example, using the rec-utility from the SoX
package:

        % env AUDIODEV=/dev/dsp1 rec /tmp/test.aiff
        Input File     : '/dev/dsp1' (ossdsp)
        Channels       : 2
        Sample Rate    : 48000
        Precision      : 16-bit
        Sample Encoding: 16-bit Signed Integer PCM

Well, it almost works, because the recording ends up highly distorted --
much faster, than what I'm really saying into microphone. About three
times faster. For example, if I let the above command run for 18 seconds
(according to time(1)), the created test.aiff will contain a 6-seconds
recording.

How do I fix this? Thanks! Yours,

        -mi