At Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:51:46 +0100,
Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 December 2011 16:48:48 Момчил Иванов wrote:
> > At Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:28:49 +0100,
> >
> > Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The timeout error means the USB host is not getting the expected data.
> > >
> > > To figure out who is guilty not transferring or receiving the data you
> > > need to have an USB analyzer, like the Beagle 480 (Runs under Linux).
> > >
> > > Else also see the quirks in:
> > >
> > > sysctl -a hw.usb.ehci
> >
> > sysctl: unknown oid 'hw.usb.ehci'
> >
> > btw I don't seem to have any hw.usb.ehci sysctl... This is all that there
> > is under hw.usb:
> >
> > hw.usb.no_boot_wait: 0
> > hw.usb.debug: 0
> > hw.usb.usb_lang_mask: 255
> > hw.usb.usb_lang_id: 9
> > hw.usb.template: 0
> > hw.usb.power_timeout: 30
> > hw.usb.no_pf: 0
> > hw.usb.no_cs_fail: 0
> >
> > Since I don't have this kind of equiptment, I will not be able to do
> > anything more. Is there some way I can set that timeout to something like
> > 1-2 seconds?
>
> sysctl hw.usb.ehci
> hw.usb.ehci.lostintrbug: 0
> hw.usb.ehci.iaadbug: 0
> hw.usb.ehci.no_hs: 0
> hw.usb.ehci.debug: 0
>
> I think you need to build a kernel with "options USB_DEBUG" before the
> lostintrbug will be available! I suspect setting this parameter will solve
> your problem!

I've just rebuilt the kernel with "options USB_DEBUG" and rebooted without
setting the cache quirk but with "hw.usb.ehci.lostintrbug=1" and rtorrent just
hashed more than 4 GB without any stalls. So that seems to fix the issue. Man
EHCI(4) needs to fixed since it does not mention anything about that kernel
option, should I file a pr?

Thank you for your time.