On 01/14/2013 23:12, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
The problem is that the Nano transceiver also provides a keyboard, which is
set as default.

See /etc/devd.conf and:

# When a USB keyboard arrives, attach it as the console keyboard.
attach 100 {
         device-name "ukbd0";
         action "/etc/rc.d/syscons setkeyboard /dev/ukbd0";
};
detach 100 {
         device-name "ukbd0";
         action "/etc/rc.d/syscons setkeyboard /dev/kbd0";
};

Which probably should be updated.

These directives look quite crude.
device-name "ukbd0"; should probably be device-name "ukbd[0-9]+";
Also why kbd0 is taken as new default after ukbd disconnect?
Replacing kbd0 with kbd1 there didn't fix the problem though as I expected.

Following /etc/rc.d/sysconsit looks like in my case "/etc/rc.d/syscons setkeyboard /dev/ukbd0" doesn't do anything, since "kbdcontrol -k ${kbd} < ${kbddev}" is only called when there is no kbdmux.

Here is another problem:
In the presence of mouse, this command doesn't show ukbd0 attached to kbdmux:
# kbdcontrol -i < /dev/ttyv0
kbd1:
    kbdmux0, type:AT 101/102 (2)

Also it looks like the keyboard provided by mouse isn't working. Mouse keyboard only has 2 buttons, by default Page-Up and Page-Down and these events are never triggered.
Trying to attach it manually, following kbdcontrol(1), I get this error:
# kbdcontrol -a ukbd0 < /dev/kbdmux0
su: /dev/kbdmux0: Device busy

Who is normally supposed to connect ukbd to kbdmux?

Yuri