On Thursday 07 February 2013 13:10:01 Norbert Koch wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR usb/175731; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Norbert Koch <nk...@demig.de>
> To: bug-follo...@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: usb/175731: detaching USB keyboard freezes other USB keyboards
> Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 13:01:01 +0100
>
>  Same problem with FreeBSD-9.1-RELEASE.

Hi,

In /etc/devd.conf there are a few lines of code:

# When a USB keyboard arrives, attach it as the console keyboard.
attach 100 {
        device-name "ukbd0";
        action "/etc/rc.d/syscons setkeyboard /dev/ukbd0";
};
detach 100 {
        device-name "ukbd0";
        action "/etc/rc.d/syscons setkeyboard /dev/kbd0";
};

Can you try to uncomment these?

Then restart devd or reboot and try again and see what happens.

I believe the devd.conf lines above should be removed.