The following reply was made to PR usb/178771; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <>
Subject: Re: usb/178771: [usbdevs] [patch] Western Digital My Passport HD
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 17:58:44 -0500

 ----- Forwarded message from Velcro Leaf <> -----
 Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 19:34:26 -0700 (PDT)
 From: Velcro Leaf <>
 To: "" <>, ""
<>, ""
 > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->freebsd-usb
 > Responsible-Changed-By: linimon
 > Responsible-Changed-When: Sun May 19 08:22:01 UTC 2013
 > Responsible-Changed-Why:
 > reclassify.
 This looks like it might fix my issue:
 Two newbie questions (links to a FAQ or general admonishment for not
 knowing what I'm doing welcome):
 1. How do I apply this patch on a 9.1-RELEASE-p3 system for testing?
 I'll report back my findings.
 2. If the patch does the trick, when will it get bundled into the next
 RELEASE version?  Will it come out with the next patch level or does
 the minor version number need to increment first?
 ----- End forwarded message -----