>Number:         179505
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       Kernel detaches Arduino Leonardo (and similar) board umodem
>after the arduino boots
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When the Arduino boards provide a umodem device to the host for programming and
serial communications with the host from the user software (the software
running after boot). The newest boards - starting with the Leonardo - also have
the ability to provide a variety of HID devices at different endpoints.

The older boards work fine. With the leonardo, the umodem device attaches as
the board boots (or resets), and the /dev/ttyU* files are created for it. The
device then detaches before or as the user code starts running, meaning the
files vanish.

>How-To-Repeat:
Plug a leonardo board into a USB port on your machine. Reset it if needed. As
it reboots (the L led will be blinking), you can see the /dev/tty* files
appear. They will be gone after the reboot is finished.

>Fix:
I don't have a fix. The board can be programmed by hitting reset shortly before
running avrdude (so for now, this is a low priority problem).