Hi,

The stalled messages has nothing to do with the mass storage part. It simply
indicates that some error happened during a USB control request. The USB stack
will re-try this particular message, so it is not directly dangerous.

After many years in the USB game I feel a need to emphasize again, that many of
the mass storage related errors reported here are not a USB HOST problem. There
is a USB standard defined at www.usb.org, that we are trying to comply to. And
also there is a SCSI standard which we are trying to follow. Unfortunately,
like with many standards, there are some areas which are not covered properly,
which leave room for different implementations.

However, please continue to report these issues at this list when you hit them,
but also write to the manufacturer of your device and complain. The FreeBSD`s
USB stack has been analyzed into scrunity by at least one big company, which I
suspect is going to use it in a game's console, and nobody so far gave me
feedback that there is something really bad in there going to freak out your
computer!

I`ve been thinking that perhaps I should start selling certified USB hardware
that doesn`t have all of these caveats you guys report all the time :-) Would
you buy stuff if I opened up an USB shop?

--HPS