On Jul 21, 2013, at 3:32 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <h...@bitfrost.no> wrote:

> On 07/21/13 21:06, Alexandre Kovalenko wrote:
>>
>>> Number:         180726
>>> Category:       usb
>>> Synopsis:       XHCI umass support breaks between r248085 and r252560 on
>>> 9-STABLE
>>> Confidential:   no
>>> Severity:       non-critical
>>
>>  Three different external hard drives (Seagate, Western Digital and noname
>> USB 3.0 enclosure) refused to be recognized as the umass devices. Reverting
>> /usr/src/sys/dev/bsd/controller to r248085, building and loading just xhci
>> module makes drives appear again. Below are snippets from the log in both
>> cases:
>>

> Can you try:
>
> 1) Attached patch.
>
> 2) Non ASMedia USB 3.0 controller
>
> --HPS
>
> <xhci.diff>

1) I will try to apply this patch on top of 253503. Let me know if I need to
revert to the earlier rev -- that would take a little bit more time.

2) ASMedia is not a USB 3.0 controller -- it is one of three umass devices I
was doing testing with (USB-to-SATA enclosure). The other two devices are made
by Seagate and Western Digital. The USB controller is

xhci0@pci0:2:0:0:       class=0x0c0330 card=0xffffffff chip=0x00141912 rev=0x03
hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Renesas Technology Corp.'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = USB

I can try to find different USB controller, but that would take some time.

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)