The following reply was made to PR usb/180923; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hans Petter Selasky <>
To: Michael Terrell <>
Subject: Re: usb/180923: SNES USB gamepad controller does not work.
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:01:16 +0200

 On 07/29/13 13:39, Michael Terrell wrote:
 >> Number:         180923
 >> Category:       usb
 >> Synopsis:       SNES USB gamepad controller does not work.
 >> Confidential:   no
 >> Severity:       non-critical
 > I have a DragonRise SNES USB gamepad controller(VendorID= 0x0079; ProductID=
 > 0x0011) and it doesn't work out of the box for FreeBSD. I created a device
 > driver for it and it works fine now.
 >> How-To-Repeat:
 > Boot up a system running FreeBSD 9.1. Plug in the SNES USB gamepad into an
 > available USB port on the system. The system will not be able to recognize
 > the controller and the user will not be able to use it with user
 > applications.
 >> Fix:
 > Create a device driver to recognize the device and allow user applications
 > to access it. The code for the driver is here:
 >> Release-Note:
 >> Audit-Trail:
 >> Unformatted:
 If you work a bit more on the code, it can be included into the FreeBSD
 base system.
 1)     .basename[0] = "uhid"
 You will need to call this something else, like "uhid.snes".
 2) Remove structure elements from "snes_usb_softc" which are not used.
 3) Add FreeBSD 2-clause copyright to C- and H- files.
 4) Are you aware about similar projects like uhidd and webcamd which
 might already support your device?
 Thank you!