On 10/09/13 12:38, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

On 09/10/2013, at 20:59, Hans Petter Selasky <h...@bitfrost.no> wrote:
I have previously run the same hardware on 9.0 (where there was a panic in
devfs triggered if the DAQ card disconncted sometimes) and 9.1 (where I have
not seen any problems).

Does anyone have an idea about how I could go about gathering more information
if it happens again?

It is not a deadlock. It is just that the reference in /dev/cuaUX does not go
away. Have you tried 9-stable?

Hi,

It is actually running r253505, sorry I should have mentioned that before.

It isn't a serial device, although the driver is a thin wrapper around the
usb_fifo code (which is very useful - thanks :)

Does your application close the file handle when it gets a read/poll error?

There are also some sysctls you can set, see hw.usb to change the shutdown
behaviour.

This would be hw.usb.no_shutdown_wait ?

Yes, correct!