On 11/23/13 23:35, Chuck Burns wrote:
On Saturday, November 23, 2013 3:48:46 PM Stefan Achatz wrote:
Hello,
I'm writing Linux support for gaming USB keyboards/mice and think
about
porting functionality to FreeBSD.
While I'm installing FreeBSD and strolling through the source fighting
with the differences to Linux, maybe someone could give me a starting
point:
In Linux there is a hidraw chardevice from which the unparsed, polled
reports can be read, and that supports ioctl's to read/write feature
reports.
Is there something similar in FreeBSD?
Thanks and have a nice day
Stefan

Two words for you. "man ugen" it's the generic USB driver.

Hi,

If you want a 100% cross platform driver, use libusb for your HID access. Else there is also /usr/ports/multimedia/webcamd, which might attach to your joystick and provide a similar device like under Linux.